Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Jackson Studio of Music


Seeing that my family is so heavily involved in music, we opened a music school. September 3, 1987 we started the Jackson Studio Of Music. The purpose of the music school is to instruct students in the area of classical and gospel piano(traditional & Contemporary music). We have trained over 500 students and have been blessed to recommend many of them for churches, groups and other organizations.

The Jackson Studio of Music is an extension of the Faith Temple Church Music Ministry. The office is housed on the church property and is opened for business Monday through Friday. I view this part of my life, not just as a job, but as ministry. I have been blessed to lead some of my students to Christ when they've come for their music sessions. I remember talking to a young lady once who was on the verge of suicide. She gave God her heart and started on the path to living again. What an awesome God we serve!

We start teaching students at the age of 5 and we will take them up to the age 104. My oldest student right now is 75 years old and he is really doing well. He just recovered from surgery for glaucoma and he was back in for his session this past week. This part of my life has been quite rewarding and I praise God for the happy privilege that he has given me to serve His people in this capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment