Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Siblings


My brothers and sisters as well as myself are all involved in the music ministry. My oldest sister, Patricia Campbell is working in ministry with her husband Aaron. He pastors the Rising Sun Outreach Ministries Church here in Memphis. My oldest brother, Andrew Jr, is pastoring in Dallas, Texas. He pastors the West irving Church along with his wife, Sandra. They both have beautiful families of their own.

The rest of the children are working in Music Ministry at the home church in Memphis. Derrick, 50, is the chief musician. His musical skills are like none you've ever heard. He reminds me of David, the shepherd, in the bible. He has played the organ in many of the services until, the glory of God filled the room. It's kind of like when King Saul was gripped with an evil spirit and David played the harp with such an anointing until the evil spirit was lifted from Saul. There is a freedom of worship that is released in the room when my brother plays the instruments.

He studied classical piano at the University of Memphis. But God has given him something that you cannot acquire in the classroom. It is called the anointing. You can only receive that by walking with God and being intimate with Him. I am so proud of my brother, Derrick.

My sister, Sharon, is a great singer. She is 44 and is highly anointed in the things of God. He uses her in the praise and worship services and the congregation really gets involved in the singing. Sharon has a way of engaging the congregation and making them feel like they are a part of that whole process. She recorded a praise and worhsip CD a few years ago that did really well. It is her desire to record another one in the near future.

My brother, Ivory is 52. He is a great singer as well. But he is also a gospel preacher. He is skilled on various instruments such as the organ, piano, drums, bass and saxophone. He is like a "jack of all." He also serves as the assistant pastor to my dad at the church.

As you can see, my family is heavily involved in ministry. Our families are close knitted and we truly look out for one another. I am proud to say that my dad recently celebrated 41 years of pastoring and we have been with him ALL 41 years. Although, each of us have our own individual lives and families, it is all connected with Andrew Jackson and the Faith Temple Church. He instilled so much within us as children that we are able to carry that with us to our own separate families and for that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment