Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Parents



My parents are Mr. and Mrs. Andrew and Lottie Jackson. They just celebrated 56 years of marriage! The Lord favored them with 6 children and 18 grandchildren so far. My parents lived in Chicago for 11 years. While in Chicago my dad worked for Northwest University in the Research Department. Of course, my mom was busy taking care of the children which was a full time job within itself.

Dad had received an offer to transfer to Memphis to head the Research Department at the University of Tennessee. He was thrilled and humbled to have been considered for this prestigious position. He willingly accepted the position and we began the moving process. My mom was a little saddened about leaving because most of her family were in Chicago. However, God had revealed to my mother that the move was God ordained and that my dad would not just be moving to Memphis to head a Research Department, but he would actually go into full time ministry.

Subsequently, after moving to Memphis in 1964, God called my dad to pastoral ministry. In 1969, my dad started Faith Temple Church. Our first location was 66 West Mallory. It was a small building, but it was filled with a lot of love. The church started with several small children. However, my dad invested in those children by giving them responsibilities within the church. I am happy to say that many of those children grew to become teachers, elders, pastors, musicians, choir directors and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment